Helping you understand your green options
Meristem provides a host of Green Audit options suitable for a range of clients, from a quick site survey to a full Green Audit assessment. Our audit solutions help to frame a future project or identify the potential need for future services. In the past we have supported companies develop real-estate masterplans, and councils understand the public demand and latest biophilic trends.
FULL Biophilia audit
Our assessments help companies understand how they can improve their green credentials and contribute towards rating schemes such as the WELL Standard and BREEAM Standards. This includes requirements to optimise internal environments and encourage healthier lifestyles as a part of a broad and holistic evaluation of a building’s social, environmental and economic impacts and benefits. Meristem recognise the value of buildings that are wellbeing and sustainability focused and our audit helps to best advise where a client needs exist. During the assessment we will typically;
- Explain the benefits of Biophilia and the connection between a green space and a happy space.
- Speak to staff about their views on their environment.
- Assess the environment against the 4 categories of criteria below.
- Assess the suitability of the workplace for green interventions.
EXISTING ASSET SURVEY
Design appropriation/weather protection/ aesthetic appeal/ergonomics/condition/access/local character/cycling provisions
Rain water & wind management
Communications/provisions/administration/usage/ access availability/maintenance by local residents/consideration
PERCENTAGE GREEN COVERAGE
Association/happiness/dwell time/sickness levels/staff retention
Site ASSEsSMENT audit
A variety of inspections with full reports are provided, these include site, logical, environmental and ecological, existing system and pre-installation packages. Site Assement Audits can include:
• A comprehensive guide to vegetation use, plant type, densities and the results that can be expected if plant material is introduced.
• Provision of a full set of specifications that meet planning requirements
• 5 year system management plan for living roofs and walls
• Interpretation of design requirements, local policy, regulations and system compatibility with full recommendations, contact list for product, waterproofing and insulation procurement.